Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Terrible Twos or mommies sanctification


Lilly is generally a good girl, she is creative and funny and is usually imagining something...I think she takes after me in that regard. It use to take me hours to do a chore because I was in my own little world. I love that she plays so well by herself. She is very gifted and funny. 
BUT, lately I have been dealing with her throwing herself on the floor or just crying because she is not getting her way. I do not want to be raising a child who feels entitled, but one who understands that life isn't fair and that things don't always go the way we want them to, but understands that Mommy and Daddy love her so very much and always wants what is best for her. It's so hard to discipline sometimes...maybe it's just because I am 7 months pregnant and tired already or because I don't want to crush her spirit and the sweetness she has naturally.When I pray at night with her, I generally pray that the Lord would help me to discipline without exasperating her. I  know that I must discipline her as proverbs says "so she won't die". I must obey the Lord, and he commands me to raise and discipline and teach my children in the way they should go. I know I lose my temper and yell and I know that doesn't help...I am not perfect. I have read many Christian parenting books, but sometimes SIN just creeps in, and I act out selfishly, just like she does when she is not getting her way, than I have to apologize.

As I said she is smart, she can speak and she talks A LOT (what girl doesn't) so I have been trying to tell Lilly to use her words instead of pitching a fit when something is not working the way she wants it to. I think I have to remind myself of that. Take a deep breath, don't speak until you can talk in a calm voice...but I don't always succeed...parenting is definitely a form of sanctification.Or it is at least in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment