Monday, July 28, 2014

Potty training

Here we go again. 3 rd times the charm, right? I am so nervous this go around. I know Lilly is smart and she hates to be messy...

I have failed 2 other times, once I was newly pregnant, like 6 or 7 weeks and Lilly was just 2. The other, I tried a method that was suppose to work in 3 days. It was exhausting and I just emotional and felt like a complete failure. And now I have to succeed or it might be way after her 3 birthday before I am able to try again. I am hopeful, but still nervous.

Here I am, trying to do things differently. Letting her play outside, just setting a timer and trying not to stress. She is smart, and I am trying not to let my pregnancy hormones take over and I completely loose it. I have to remind myself that this will take time and just  be ready for lots of accidents... But she will get it. And when she does there will be great big rejoice

........................................................................
The morning is over with no success (4 pairs of undies later), except that she did tell me she had to poop...we sat on the potty for 10-15 minutes with nothing and 2 minutes off she pooped in her panties. I am rejoicing now that it's nap time. I am pooped from trying to get her to use the potty. Praying she sleeps for several hours and then we will try again til dinner time.

I think tomorrow might be more of a play inside day and a more ritual sitting, but I still have to expect accidents or I will be so discouraged.

No comments:

Post a Comment