Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Destin 2014

On Saturday we got back from 6 days at the beach. It was great.

Gary and I weren't really sure that we would be able to take a family vacation this year. We hadn't budgeted for it and we weren't sure about his work since Cadi is due in the fall, and we just didn't know if he got leave or not or if he was going to have to take his vacation for that.

My sister in laws family owns a home in Destin, and Philip and Sarah were going down for 2 weeks. They invited us to join them one of those weeks. My parents and my sister, Gretchen's family were going down for one of those weeks staying at a different house, so we decided it would be great to go when they all go.

It was a great time. Even though Lilly thoroughly detested the beach, she loved the Pool and we used every day but the one in which it rained the entire day.

Gary, growing up in Cape Town is not use to the calmness of Gulf of Mexico, but I think he enjoyed himself.

I enjoyed myself, even though going to beach as a mommy of a Toddler and 7 months pregnant is WAY different then 8 years ago(which was the Last time I was in Destin).  I didn't do a lot of reading or sitting on the beach like I would of liked, but I did  get some sun, but when you have a Husband and a daughter who can look at the Sun for 5 mins and become like a Native, this fair skinned girl gets jealous. We really did enjoy ourselves and we are grateful for Philip and Sarah opening up a week of their vacation for us to join them.
















No comments:

Post a Comment