Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Pure Joy

Tonight I was given pure joy by our Lord. I have been struggling lately with not so much of the loss of our baby, but of the fears of what ifs. My emotions were high and at the brink of tears, but in this rocking chair God reminded me that he is good. He has blessed us with a Child, A wonderful sweet, funny little girl. My baby is becoming a little girl and she will do anything for a laugh, and she found out tonight that she can make faces at mommy while mommy prays with her and sings to her before bed and Mommy will start to giggle which in turn makes Lilly throw her head back laughing. I wish I had a video camera, but that will ever be engraved in my mind.
Bedtime has always been a special time for me and Lilly. Its Lilly and I's one on one time together...not that we don't get that all day long, but there is just something precious about rocking your baby and cuddling and reminding her that you love her and that you will see her in the morning, and praying that the Lord will save her from her sins. I treasure each night I have with her, because these 2 years have flown by and they aren't slowing down. 
Treasure each moment with your children and consider it Pure Joy from our Lord that you are blessed to have them, raise them in the fear of the Lord and trust him in all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment