Friday, January 31, 2014

Polar Vortex

Tuesday morning I set out for Wal-Mart. There were a few flurries, but didn't think much of it. In the 10 min drive the snow on the road wad getting thicker. I ran into the store and by the time I came out 15 mins later the parking lot was white. I drove home...I got up our hill(if it had been 15- 20 mins later I wouldn't of been able to get up it). Jason my brother in law was 15 mins behind me and he didn't make it the hill. I was nervous for Gary, this was only his second time seeing snow let alone his first time having to drive in it. I called him at work told him schools were closing and he might need to come home before the roads were to bad. He finally left and it took him an hour and a half to get home (better then Jason did picking up the kids from school, his round trip was 7 hrs total). On Tuesday, Gretchen and the kids went sledding so I took Lilly out as well. She was not a big fan of the cold or snow, we only were out for an hour, but I enjoyed hanging with sister's and their kids. It's great being back.

No comments:

Post a Comment