Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Being sick stinks but having a sick baby is TERRIBLE

Lilly started coughing on Sunday. When she starts to cough it usually always means bronchitis or something else. He pre asthmatic tendencies usually make me a paranoid mom. I took her to the Dr on Monday and he said it was just a cold. Just a cold, no ways...did I mention we are looking for a new pediatrician at this point. Anyway last night with Motrin she had fever of 100, I carried her around in my moms baby carrier from the 70's since we left ours in Cape Town.  It went down by morning but by late morning it was to 102. I called her doctor and they werent much help. Me, an emotional momma at this point called my dear friend Tabitha, who I am sure I have abused her and husbands sweet generosity as medical professionals more times then I should but they are always so willing to help and answer questions where they can,  and she said I needed to take her the doctor and have a flu test strep test and her lungs checked for pneumonia. Tabitha got us an appointment with her kids pediatrician the Dr we wish we could take her to but doesn't take Lilly's insurance, but Tabitha is friends with her and called in a favor. Dr Jeannie worked us in and ran a whole bunch of tests and found an ear infection (which Monday they were clear) and some sort of virus. I am grateful it wasn't the flu...that was my biggest fear since many have been hospitalized so far with it this year. And I have done the hospital once with Lilly and I never want to do that again.  I am praying for a sound night sleep for all 3 of us.  We give God praise that there are answers and a solution. The Doctor also recommended another practice for us that takes Lilly's insurance. We are just so grateful to God for all he has done.

No comments:

Post a Comment