Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Isaacs Family update

It has been a while since I have written on what is going on in the Isaacs household. And for that I am sorry. Life has gotten busy this past year and half since we have been in the states. With adding a baby to the family after a very hard, LONG pregnancy (it was actually two, but felt like ONE long one), Gary working full time and Studying part time with a very active toddler, and a colicky baby girl.
Right before Thanksgiving 2013 we lost our 2nd child. I was 10 weeks pregnant, but God quickly blessed my womb once again and the End of January 2014 we found out that we were expecting again. I was extremely sick for Long after you are suppose to be sick and Then I developed a terrible rash that only delivery would cure. My Doctor induce at 38 weeks pregnant, and that afternoon, September 26 2014, Catherine Sophia Isaacs came into the world. We are calling her Cadi (Kay-dee). She just turned 4 months and what a time it has been. We found out after two weeks of constant screaming and very little sleep for Gary or me that she was allergic to milk. Determined to continue to breastfeed I changed my entire diet, but after lots of struggles that I didn’t have with her sister with nursing we switched her to Formula and now she is a happy “little” girl. She isn’t quite little and complete opposite of her sister, but she is a joy and blessing.
Lilly will be 3 in a month (if only she really had a birthday this year, next year she will have her first actual birthday in 4 years). Lilly is a very active little girl. She loves all things princesses and babies.  She talks A LOT, so much so that my mom has dubbed her motor mouth ( a nick name my grandpa gave my brother David).  She absolutely ADORES her sister, and we have had a few arguments on whom was Cadi’s mother. But now she proudly tells people that Cadi is her Sister.
She has been battling a Urinary tract infection since Christmas, and finally we have got it cleared up. But the doctor is sending her for test to make sure she doesn’t have urinary Reflux. They put a catheter in her and fill her bladder up with dye and make sure that none of it flows back up into her kidneys. If it does there are several things that could happen as a result, one being surgery. It hasn’t been scheduled yet but I am thinking that it will be around the beginning of March. She had an ultrasound a couple of weeks ago, and I told her that the doctor was going to tickle her belly with a funny stick, but she still freaked out about it. Especially the jelly, but Gary will be with us for the cath test so I am hopeful that it will be ok and all will go well.
Gary is doing well; he is very blessed and thankful for his job. Even though it isn’t what he wants to be doing long term his bosses are very family oriented and that has proven to be a HUGE blessing, especially when we lost our baby a little over a year ago. They are also aware that Gary is working on his Masters of Divinity. Gary started his second year of Studying part time through Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, KY. He recently applied for a scholarship so we are hopeful that that will come through and he can up his class load and possible cut down his hours at work. He truly desires to be working in a church, but right now that isn't what the Lord has called him, so we are trying to be patient and wait on the Lords will. He has preached several times and has been asked to fill in our Sunday school to teach. He loves those opportunities and looks forward to having more and more chances in the future.
I am doing well. I am enjoying being a mommy, even though it can be very hard, frustrating and tiring. I love my girls and can’t imagine life without them. I try to thank the Lord daily for them, even in the wee hours of the morning with Cadi thinks that its time to be awake. I have tried to remind myself that this is only a season and she isn’t going to be little for long and I need to enjoy the cuddles and the fact that she needs me now, because I know that as she gets older, like her sister, she will need me less and less. But that is my and Gary’s purpose, to raise them to be independent on us and dependent on God.

No comments:

Post a Comment